Re: waist seals

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, weberjm@teleport.com
Subject: Re: waist seals
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:34:00 -0400
Sounds like a low grade seal.

The outer seal requires a flocking to act as a slider against the glass
surface.  If the seal is simply made with bare rubber, it will stick to the
glass like a wiper blade does.  Used to run into this problem back when I
played with VW Beetles.  Virtually no one makes quality rubber parts for them.

Assuming you don't want to go buy yet another set of seals, about all you can
do is lubricate the glass to help it slide past.  Rain-X is a pretty good
product for this.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know who's seal this is, so I don't repeat
the mistake.  I could use a set on my car, but I don't want a poor quality one.