Re: Rotoflex couplings

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>,
Subject: Re: Rotoflex couplings
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 03:48:38 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow LM's,
I have used two large worm screw type hose clamps
connected together for this. The 'tail' of one is
connected to the screw housing of the other. You
tighten them in sequence, a couple turns on one, a
couple turns on the other, ... repeat as needed to
apply equal pressure to the rotoflex 'ribs'.
This came about when I (foolishly, and without Reading
the F***ing Manual first), clipped off the retaining
band on my new rotoflex coupling *before*
installation.

It's a lot cheaper (but probably not easier) than a
Churchill tool.

Truly AR types will want to use 3, or perhaps 6 hose
clamps instead of just 2, to get equal compression.

Carter Shore

http://mail.yahoo.com/