Re: Tachometer erratic

To: "spitfires@autox.team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tachometer erratic
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 01:34:43 -0400
Joe,

As it turns out it is an amazing coincidence.  I have three GT6 tachometers
and all three were bouncing all over the place.  I pulled the distributor
and removed the drive gear.  Tachometer drive gear was pristine.  I have two
Spitfires in different stages of restoration, so I removed one of their
tachometers and hooked it up to the GT6 cable under the bonnet.  Guess
what?.......it worked fine.

All three GT6 tachometers must need to be repaired/calibrated.   Have you
ever had this done?

Mike Ross
'67 Spitfire (soon to be a Spit 6)
'66 Spitfire