RE: Suggestions for a new hood

To: "'Dean.Dashwood@enron.com'" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>,
Subject: RE: Suggestions for a new hood
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:16:26 +0100
> As a side-note, why would anyone want to buy a "coupe" late
> Spitfire, when
> you could have got a GT6 instead?  The whole point of the Spitfire is
> top-down driving, isn't it?

Hi Dean,
        Spitfire Coupes were surprisingly popular, and I have seen several
which have never had the tops removed from new! One of my TSSC friends had a
relative who never knew that the roof unbolted from the car! The usual
reasoning was that it was apparently cheaper to buy a Coupe and soft-top kit
than it was to buy the open car with the hardtop as an accessory.
        Only in the British motor industry.....
                Cheers,
                        Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald