Re: Extra dash light???

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, davidt@opentext.com
Subject: Re: Extra dash light???
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:22:32 -0400
Two wire or one wire socket?  On that circuit it should be a two wire socket,
with the ground lead going to
the door jamb switch.  Spitfires came with interior lights that turned on when
the door was opened, at least
they came with this eventually.  It's right there on the wiring diagrams.  You
can check them out at
http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael/tech.html#WiringDiagrams

This circuit is constantly hot (cigarete lighter).  If it is a one wire socket,
that would force the lamp to be on at all
times.  In that case I would suspect a DPO mistake, hence the bulbless socket
just hanging.  Either a wrong
replacement socket was installed, or it was plugged into the wrong connector
and circuit.

>>> "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com> 08/08 11:03 AM >>>

I was fixing up some of the hanging wires in the dash this weekend and I
came across a lamp holder and for the life of me can not seem to figure out
where it goes.  It looks like the holder that is used in the cigarette
lighter and it is on the saem circuit.

Thanks

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.