Lame engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Lame engine
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:59:55 -0500
My engine needs some work, but I'm wondering what to expect in the way of
performance.

I've got a 77 Spitfire 1500 with what I assume is a stock engine, trans, etc.

It peaks out in first gear at 20 or so,
2nd gets me to 40, if I push it.

The tach won't go past 3200 so I don't know what the rpm's are when it
peaks, but it sure sounds like I should shift.

3rd will get me to 55 or so (I haven't really pushed it there)

and I've had it to 70 on fourth.  I"d push higher but I haven't dared take
it out on the interstate (motorway), yet.

Do I have a lame engine or do I just expect too much?

Thanks.