Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut

To: "Bernard Christian-Woodruff" <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be>,
Subject: Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:22:22 -0600
If you don't have access to a big air impact driver, here's what I did.  Let
the starter loosen it. You need to have the correct sized socket.  Put it on
the nut with a breaker bar.  Rest the breaker bar on the left side frame
rail (I think this is the correct side), pull the coil wire and hit the
starter for a quick second.  Nut should come right off.  Don't hit the
starter too long, just enough to loosen the nut, that's why you pull the
coil wire, so the engine doesn't start.  And stand back, if the breaker bar
pops off it could fly anywhere! I would recommend this as a last resort.
MikeC