Oil pressure switch & parcel shelf

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pressure switch & parcel shelf
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:00:51 -0500
Greetings once again.

I have a question about the wiring to the oil pressure switch on my '74.  Is
the oil light supposed to come on when the ignition switch is in the "on"
position?  I've just put the switch and the anti run-on valve back in.
Right now the AR valve seems to work right - open with the car off, open
when running, closes for about 5 seconds when the car is shut off, then
opens again.  But the oil light never comes on.  I know the lamp & wiring to
it are good (if you get the connections wrong, it lights up with the
ignition off!)  Neither Haynes nor Bentley specify which wires go where.
The switch terminals are marked S, P, & I.  The wires are black,
white/purple, & white/brown.  I've tried all 6 combinations of wire
positions.  Is this me or is it Lucas?

On other topic, I've traced the patterns for the passenger parcel shelf from
my '74.  I'm working on getting drawings created, which I will scan into
JPEG format.  I'm going to make a test unit, so I can compare my "creation"
to the Moss part.  Once I get that done, I'll email the JPEG's to all who
voiced interest.

Bill G.
1974 Spitfire