Lug nuts needed!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Lug nuts needed!
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:29:20 -0400
Hi all,

I recently bought some nice used Western brand alloy wheels for my
Spitfire. Very pretty!

BUT: All the lug nuts are rusty (and one is missing) so I'd like to find a
set of replacements. Trouble is, I'm now in the same situation as others in
the past:  Western is out of business and the nuts are NLA (no longer
available).

Local speed shops have not been able to help. Neither has the "tech dude"
at Keystone Wheels.

Anybody got a source for some new ones?  Failing that I'd buy a couple used
replacements if anyone has some spares.

The specs are 3/8th" by 20 threads, with an 11/16th inch shank width (this
last is critical since the lug nut shank is what centers the wheel on the
hub in this application).

I have posted a picture on the NASS website

http://www.egroups.com/files/nass/Pictures/Atwell+Haines/

(You would nave to be an egroups registrant to look, though.)

Can anybody help?

TIA,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"WHAT LIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN AND TWITCHES?
A NERVOUS WRECK."