Re: Fw: Help !

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Help !
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:38:09 -0400
Ken C has a car that goes:

>> We've heard about this before, a loud 'tick, tick, tick', coming from the
>> rear end. Varies with speed and is present all the time, load, no load,
>> accel, decel, steady speed, clutch in or out. Put the car up on stands,
>run
>> the engine in any gear, no noise at all. So the noise is present only with
>> weight on the wheels / suspension.

Yep, mine's been doing that same thing for 25 years. I too have replaced
every moving part in the rear end over the years and the ticking goes on.
I figure that something, some day, will wear out, I'll replace it, and
the ticking will be gone.

As soon as it does, I'll let y'all know what it was.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC