Yeovil - The Bear Essentials

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yeovil - The Bear Essentials
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:28:49 +0100
The Yeovil Festival of Transport - I had a really good time. I went with the
guys in a replica Asquith Perro van. It might have looked old but it hit 80
mph easily enough!

I had such a good time with good people & fun, laughs & sun - well, Saturday
was a scorcher but it rained on Sunday from brekkie onwards which did put a
slight 'damper' on it.

Considering it was a vehicle show the only prezzy I got for Baby Blue was a
replacement indicator stalk from Bill Davies. We managed to meet up at the
TSSC stand. Thanks Bill.

The show featured everything from traction steam engines (plus a steam car
built in Milwaukee in 1900), through motorbikes, emegency & military
vehicles, bubble cars, veteran, vintage & classic cars & even hot air
balloons. It was all very well organised and planned out (except for the
atrocious portaloos!) Roll on next year - hopefully I'll get my Baby Blue
there then.

Highlights for me? The Friday night curry, kebabs on the barbie at 1am
Sunday morning and the full english breakfast on Sunday morning - bacon,
sausage, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes & fried potatoes - how's that for a feast.
Well, food always seems to taste better in the fresh air...

Suzie