RE: Zenith Stromberg CD150

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Zenith Stromberg CD150
From: "JM Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:55:48 -0700
Hello,

As a follow up to the original ZS question, I have since gone in and
flat-out disconnected all appurtenances that I thought were unneeded.
1.  Vacuum line to airpump
2.  Vacuum line that leads to EGR? valve underneath carb.
3.  Vacuum port on the intake manifold between #3 and #4 runners.

Engine now idles MUCH better.  Bucking and surging is gone (or almost).
EGR is probably the big culprit.  I have also noted that the "gulp valve" is
missing.  Big open hose underneath the existing charcoal canister.  If I
plug it while the engine is running, the engine quits; immediately if not
sooner.  I do mean RIGHT NOW.

Any other ideas on things to check?
For those who answered and got me this far...THANKS!

John
'75 Spit

Sometimes sticky EGR's can be 'fixed' by removeing the part
and applying a generous dose of carb cleaner.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work:        rfm(at)portalofevil.com