Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:35:47 +0100

Jeff, a friend of mine has just restored his Spitfire, and painted it metalic
silver.  Looks very good - and took me all the way to Le Mans and back earlier
this year, too!  When he took the car for its MOT, the junior mechanic (whose
job is to sit in the car and play with the light switches and things when the
other mechanic tells him to) just gawped at the shiny silver paintwork.  Then
the car went up on the ramp, and the gawp became even bigger when he saw the
same shiny silver paint all over the underneath of the car too!  Must have made
his day.....

I'll try to find some pictures - I know I had some, I just have to find them.  I
don't have a web-site to put them on, though, so I'll have to e-mail them to you
personally if I do find them.

Dean