Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)

To: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Subject: Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:51:01 -0700
>Oh, and btw-there will be vintage races at the Naval Station on Coronado
Island the same weekend of Triumphest-so, I think a few of us will head
over there on that Sunday.
***********************************
I wasn't aware that these races were the same weekend!  Should be lots of
cool cars cruising around here in October!  It would be just a short hop
over the bridge to the races, and in fact they will be just across the bay
from the hotel.  You may even be able to see part of the track from the
hotel, and you will surely hear them when the racing starts.  I've been to
the vintage races before, really cool machinery - and some fast wheel to
wheel racing.  Saw one guy in a vintage Ferrari side swipe a "wall" at
speed.  I'm sure that the damage was well over what several tens of
pristine Triumphs would cost.  Be sure to bring your earplugs if you go,
those big American V8's with no mufflers screaming at 6-7000 RPM can really
hurt your ears (or at least they did mine)!

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)