Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)

To: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>, steph71tr6@crosswinds.net
Subject: Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
Not a problem, since we have Lucas electrics:

The speed of light is reduced when propagating through
a dense medium. Based on the density of the smoke
contained inside the wires that I have seen released,
it's probably around 8-10 inches per second, plenty of
time to get out and observe the rear tail lights.

You can observe this experimentally:

Have someone step on the brake pedal, then watch the
brake lights slowly brighten as the electrons start to
arrive at the bulb.

;)

Carter Shore
--- Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>