Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Subject: Re: Silver cars (was Re: Metal prep started -- reassurance?)
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, Aug 23 2000 10:58:05 GMT-0600
I just had to reply to this-I have long thought that the lines of the Spitfire
lends itself beautifully to silver-in fact, 3 or 4 years ago, I looked at a
silver Spit-just gorgeous!

I was at the Monterey HIstoric races this past weekend, and had the please of
seeing a plethora of lovelies from the late 50s/early 60s with stunning
silver-polished metal finishes! What a thrill to see them all racing around the
track at Laguna Seca!!!

Oh, btw-there was one lone Triumph at the races-a '65 Spitfire! Red with a
white hardtop-and really 'groovey' Union Jack headlamp covers. Raced by a lady
named Beth Philion. (Her husband raced an MGA).

Well, the last race of the day for her group, she came in 3rd to last. In the
next race, there were Mustangs-and a lone E-Type Jag coupe. Towards the 5 or 6
lap, he developed some problems and puller off into the pit lane at the end of
the 7th. The mechanics gathered around and looked under the car. My friend and
I looked at each other and said,"Oil". Sure enough, he pulled off and into the
paddock-they brought out the kitty litter. The guys in front of us were saying,
rather surprised,"He's leaking oil!" Made us laugh.

At any rate, in a way the Spitfire did better than the E-Type-the Spit finished
her race!

I was talking to Dave yesterday (He was at Pebble Beach all weekend and didn't
get to see the races.) And I was saying what I said to my friends at the
races-that Spitfires when they were in production, dominated their classes. And
now? So, we know it's not the car!

The weather at Monterey was great! THe flight up and back was spectacular! The
company-superb! And the cars? Beyond description! (I've never seen so many
Allards!!!)

Oh, and btw-there will be vintage races at the Naval Station on Coronado Island
the same weekend of Triumphest-so, I think a few of us will head over there on
that Sunday.

Laura G. and 'Nigel'-of course!