Re: Windscreen capping removal

To: "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen capping removal
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:20:04 -0600
Hi Paul,
    Funny, I just removed a cap yesterday from a parts car, a MK IV.  I put it
out in the hot sun, drilled the rivets, then slowly, slowly pried the cap up by
hand,.  No sharp tools.
I found it was stuck with that body putty stuff that never hardens.

Why do you want to remove the putty - assuming it isn't silicone?  If it is on
the underside, you'll want the cap to seal against the new windshield top.

If it is silicone, there is silicone (Silastic) remover available from
hardwares.

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada