Re: Trailer Tie-downs

To: Ree Gurley <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer Tie-downs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:22:05 -0700
I use "tire bonnets" on the front wheels.  They are similar to what is used to
secure the wneels on a tow car to those U-Haul tow
dollies.  They fit over the tires and are secured using a ratcheting take up
lever.

For the rear, I use a cargo strap that attaches to the shock attaching bolt
that goes between the uprights of the vertical links.  I
attach both ends and route the strap down to rollers on the trailer below the
vertical links and then across to the other side.  THere
is also a take-up ratchet to secure it.

THis method locks the car firmly to the trailer but allows the car's springs to
be free to dampen the bumps that the trailer won't.

Regards,
Joe