RE: Trailer Tie-downs

To: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Trailer Tie-downs
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 15:25:56 -0500
What I always do, is use the back tie downs that the factory used to ship
them over here.  I use one "load hugger" strap around the front frame, kept
from sliding by the front "anti-roll" bar.  Pulling forward.  Then use the
rear tie downs pulling back with another road hugger.  That's it.  They do
not have to be super tight, as you want the cars suspension to still work.
I've thought about using baskets on the front so that you don't put any
pressure on the front anti-roll bar, but I doubt the little pressure on it
will hurt.  Works great, moved quite a few cars that way.

Oh, Also, never tow a car on a trailer backwards.  I did this once with a
parts spit, only to have a door pop open.  Those things really catch the
wind, and will fold back and do some damage.  ouch.

-Bill