Re: Car won't run!

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car won't run!
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:36:51 -0400
I'm sorry Fred, but I'm finding it hard not to take offense to your
remarks. First of all, I offered to pay for Dave's services, but he
wouldn't take any money. Secondly, I don't like to race towards the
most expensive thing when there may be a cheaper alternative... I
don't know about you, Fred, but I have a limited budget and can only
do what I can. Third-what's this about getting what I deserve? I asked
Dave at TRF if he had a used distributor to put in, but he did not. I
was willing to fix it on the spot. Perhaps you should have more
information and think a bit more before you make such biting comments
on the list? Also I find it interesting that "you" and Dave worked
"two hours" on my car and "showed" me what to do... You're in your own
little dream world here, Fred. It was more more 10 minutes, and the
only thing "you" did was come find me and mutter something about my
car being ready. I believe at that point the only thing I was told was
that the screw from the condenser had come loose and that was causing
the problem. The shaft was mentioned later by Dave, "not" you, and
only briefly.  Time to start taking your Ginko pills, Fred.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that I've owned two Triumphs over
the past 10 years, and I've enjoyed every minute of time working on
them. It's a labor of love, and I've put countless thousands of
dollars working on them. Is that "FREE", Fred? I see you really like
that word in your email above. I truly take offense to this last
tidbit of your comments, Fred, stating that LMC problems are related
to owner and not car. Once again, you really must think before you
say.

Everyone else-I'm sorry to rant and rave like this on the list, but I
believe I'm starting to understand why Laura G and others left... I
think Fred here needs to take a slightly less condescending tone when
writing... I can go other places and get just as easily insulted
without voluntarily joining a list...

Steve Hall

1970 Spitfire Mk III
1976 TR7