Re: Car won't run!

To: Stephen Hall <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Subject: Re: Car won't run!
From: stu bollen <bollen@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:10:12 -0400
I had the exact same problem in my TR3. I burned up three coils after
replacing the distributor cap and rotor. Went nuts trying to figure it
out. Then I bought a genuine Lucas cap and rotor- no more probs. If your
rotor is hitting the cap, you have a problem. I asked a lot of people what
the gap should be beteween rotor and  cap but nobody knows. I would guess
about 0.030"
Stu
80 TR8