Hit, miss, hit, miss again.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Hit, miss, hit, miss again.
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:54:17 -0700

Well, I'm out of ideas.  The engine worked great when I cranked 'er up for
the first time after swapping out the SU's for a pair that I knew were
working fine.  The ones that were on there had some serious choke/valve
assembly problems.

It ran great.  I mean it idled, it was smooth, had lots of power, and
didn't smoke a bit.  I was quite thrilled.

Two days later I took it out again and it had a steady miss in it that I
could not track down.  I've pulled plugs, plug wires, and replaced the cap
and rotor.  I'm not sure what is missing.

Valves are okay- thought perhaps a collapsed spring might be the culprit.

I have not checked compression yet, though that is next on the list.  The
miss is steady at all RPM's and a lot of smoke results from the unburned
fuel.

Since it ran fine when it was parked and then 48 hours later it started
with a heavy miss.

Suggestions, ideas, and offers to come out and fix the critter are
appreciated. :)

-Vegaman Dan
-66/68 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |     ConiFur NorthWest 2000 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |