Re: All Triumphs Are Created Equal-Was TR7 "Design"

To: relliott@cjnetworks.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: All Triumphs Are Created Equal-Was TR7 "Design"
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:53:50 EST
My Mini is a perfect example of that, it's a 72 1000cc but has a 1275 MG
Metro engine and subframe installed, so it has a lot of go and with the disks
up front a bunch of whoa! Best brakes I have ever had on a British car! One
reason the Mini owners you see look like they are having so much fun is
because they are!  Ever driven a Mini? I have an English friend who told me
how much fun they are to drive but I had no idea until I got behind the wheel
and rove one myself. Once I got used to the left hand shifting and sitting on
the wrong side(RHD car) I realized that this car is meant for fun. I rarely
do any stunts in any of my cars but handbrake turns in the Mini are almost
mandatory. I love all my British cars for different reasons, the MGB-GT with
O/D is great on long trips, the Spit is wonderful on a nice day, the TR-7 FHC
is a great point and shoot car, and the Mini is a Mini! I haven't had the
Mini long but I'm afraid some of the other cars are already jealous. I must
remember to pay attention to them all. Even though I have four LBCs right now
I know I will find others that need a home, they all have their own
personality and attributes that make each one unique and fun, I just hope I
have time and money for them all!
                                                                    Brad