Re: Spitfire Cams

To: BILL McDEVITT <wmmk1@informatics.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Cams
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 11:02:27 -0700
Bill is  correct.  Early Mk1 engines did not have cam bearings.  But later in
the 1147 production, the bearings were added.

According to Rimmer Brothers catalog cylinder blocks up to FC61022 do not use
bearings.  From FC61023 through early MKkIV (up to
FH2500E) use bearings and after that the bearings were again eliminated.

Therefore, you have to look at the particular application to determine whether
any modifications are needed to accept cam bearings.

Joe