Re: wheel identification

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: wheel identification
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:24:14 -0500
Hi Michael,

> The AR wheels look a LOT like the 13" ones on my donor GT6 (I've attached a
> .jpg of mine, but I don't think the lists allow pictures to be attached to
> email).

Your 13" wheels look identical to our 14" wheels.   Plus I've had
several others that indicated they found American Racing logos on the
inside of the wheels when they removed the tires.

> If your 13" ones are Italian, my guess would be Fiat X19, but they don't look
> familiar to me.

One person indicated they were fiat optional wheels for the x19.

> Have you looked at the backside for casting marks or other clues?  That's how
> I learned my other set of wheels were Shelby California 500's.  What's the
> bolt circle on a TR4A?

Haven't been able to take them off the car as yet.  Hopefully soon on
that though.

I think the bolt pattern for the 4A is 4" on center.  Same as TR2 thru 6.

Thanks for the photo!