RE: Rollbar - any pics or comments on the use of,

To: "'Len Lubbers'" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Rollbar - any pics or comments on the use of,
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 07:11:08 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Len Lubbers [mailto:lubbers@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 7:26 PM
To: spitfires
Subject: Rollbar - any pics or comments on the use of,

Hi all

I am wondering if anyone has any pictures on the web which show a
Spitfire (preferably 1500) with a rollbar.

Anyone have any comments on the use of or problems with them?  (I know
the tonneau won't fit) This is strictly for street use.

I am came across a used one recently which I am enquiring about.

Len Lubbers
'79 Spitfire
Ottawa

Len,

I used to have one in my Spit 1500. I modified the tonneau to fit
around it. If you are > 6 ft (1.83m), you may have problems getting
comfortable in the seat as the rollbars severely limits the amount
that you can recline the seat.

--
Doug Mitchell
mailto:dbmitch@peoplepc.com