My turn for a 'dumb Q'

To: <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: My turn for a 'dumb Q'
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:32:05 -0500
I guess I know better, but here goes....

.... clutch peddle requiring nearing 90% of travel.
seems like about 60% of the stroke of the clutch peddle
is required to fully engage/disengage the clutch.

I can here the slight squeal/rubbing when the peddle is fully depressed.
I believe this is the bearing/rubbing the pressure plate fingers
as it is pressed in too far.    right/wrong?

There is no clutch jitter or slipping no matter how fast or slow I release
the clutch. This car had sat a year or three before I started driving
it (sat prior to my purchase)

QUESTIONS:
1) Clutch worn...or just the throwout bearing squeaking from no lube?

Yes... I know... If I'm going to pull it apart why not replace everything.
(...I probably will)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com