RE: My turn for a 'dumb Q'

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: My turn for a 'dumb Q'
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:42:44 -0500
Paul,

Q: Clutch squeal when depressed?
A: Throwout bearing almost for sure.  Time to get a new one and I would do
the same and consider replacing the entire clutch assembly.  The GT6 one I
got was $85cdn and the bearing was $60cdn.  Just easier to do all at once.

Q: Excessive travel of clutch pedal
A: Could be the slave has too much fluid in it.  When I put tranmission back
in I had that and had to push the piston back in then rebleed to remove the
excessive travel.  Now the clutch starts to disengage 1-1/2 inches from the
top :-)

Just my 2cents

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra