Re: My turn for a 'dumb Q'

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My turn for a 'dumb Q'
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 13:27:36 EST
I had similar symptoms - squealing noise with clutch pedal
depressed.  Everyone that listened said "throwout bearing".
Nope.  The thrust washers had dropped out and the squealing
was presumedly the crankshaft riding on the block surfaces.
I REALLY hope this isn't your problem, but check that ol'
crankshaft end play before running the engine any more.

Good luck!

Greg Rowe