1500 head rebiuld

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 head rebiuld
From: "dt gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:15:49 -0500
Fellow Listers,
    I'm attempting my 'first' head rebuild job.Everything is going great, I
think I've got a handle on the situation. Here's my question(s).
    1) Does the list recommend that I have the head 'shaved'? If so, how
much? It doesn't appear to have been done before. My thought on this subject
is that I want it to be absolutely square when I put it back on.
    2)What is the thickness of a stock head? This will tell me if it's been
done before,which leads me to the next question...
    3)After pulling one exhaust valve,the number,stamped on the valve
itself, exactly coincides with the TRF catalogue. Can I safely assume that
this job has been done before? The valves appear to be in good shape.
    4)Would the list recommend dual valve springs?
            Thanks in advance for any help supplied!!!
                Dave Gebhard
                1977 Spit