Re: Removing front pulley

To: "Bob Coe" <coeb@cadvision.com>,
Subject: Re: Removing front pulley
From: "dt gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:43:05 -0500
Bob, I just removed mine to do the same thing. Haynes manual does explain
how in the timing section(my book is at my job site so I can't reference it)
but it basically says to use a *drift*(cold chisel) to remove nut. After
soaking it with LPS penetrating oil for about two days and using my trusty
BFH it came loose. It turns toward the passenger side on a LHD Spit. Man I
had to hit it hard to get it loose and I'm hoping that I didn't do any
internal damage in the process. By the way...the nut size is 1 13/16". A
socket or wrench won't do you much good as the engine will just turn itself
over.
                Good Luck
                Dave Gebhard