Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...

To: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:42:55 +0100
At 13:32 26-11-2000 -0500, Joseph Grant wrote:

>So now I have a new toy to sink money into!

Welcome in our midst.

>I have some questions:
>
>1.  What exact colour is JMA?  I think it is PageantBlue, but not 100% sure.

I think you mean JNA - that is Pageant Blue.

>2.  My CommisionNumber plaque is damaged.  It is missing the bottom right
>hand corner, where the trim code goes.  The only digits on it are "C7".
>What is the proper Trim code?

"C74" is the only trim code that comes close. It's for Beige & white
"Houndstooth cloth".

For more numbers/codes info, you might want to check my 'identification
page' at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/spit/identification.html

>4.  My Spitfire has these chrome rearview mirrors on the doors.  Are they
>original?  What is the "correct" rearview mirrors fitted to these cars?

If it's a 78, the rear view mirrors should be black, like the door handles
and wiper arms. I understand that a number of Spitfires were delivered
without outside mirrors, in which case the dealer put them on at the
buyer's request. This may make the chrome mirrors on your car 'original'...

>Sorry for so many questions.

No, no, we *love* questions on this list! Have any more? ;-)

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green