Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:57:37 -0800
Joseph Grant wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I've been looking for a Spitfire for quite a long time and finally found one
> that is in very good shape.  It is a 1978, the body is virtually rust free
> and it is in very good mechanical order.  The hard top is in good shape too
> and the price was right.  So now I have a new toy to sink money into!  I
> have some questions:

Congratulation, and hope you're enjoying it.
> 1.  What exact colour is JMA?  I think it is PageantBlue, but not 100% sure.
[...]
> 4.  My Spitfire has these chrome rearview mirrors on the doors.  Are they
> original?  What is the "correct" rearview mirrors fitted to these cars?

My '76 has one chrome mirror. I think it is original.

> 5.  I don't have an owner's manual.  There is a 'Hazard' indicator between
> the tach and speedo.  When I turn the lights on, it glows.  Is this part of
> the circuit that tells me that there might be a burned out bulb?  Just
> wondering...

This is normal. It's to let you know where the hazard switch is. US law
mandates that it be illuminated.

> Sorry for so many questions.  Thanks for reading...

Don't be sorry. Thats what the list is for ;-)

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com