Re: Engine bearings help!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine bearings help!
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 02:12:02 -0400
Thanks to all those who responded.  The problem turned out to be
the DPO with the "P" standing for "Present" in this case.  The
con rod bearing caps have indents for the tabs in the bearings.  In lieu
of carefully observing how they went during disassembly, I
assumed that the tab on the bottom cap would be 180 degrees off
from the top cap.  BZZZZZTTT!  WRONG! They are adjacent.  I figured
this out by disassembling a spare blown engine and spilling oil
all over the basement.  After proper reassembly, the car had good oil
pressure during a short top down 2AM drive in the rain.  Further tests
will have to wait until morning (real morning.)

I don't know if any of this makes sense, like I said it's 2AM.  But
thanks again to those who responded!

Greg Rowe