Re: Duh, goes the manual. Putting back the clutch slave

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Duh, goes the manual. Putting back the clutch slave
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:09:20 -0500
Jeff and Gary

I was glad to see these emails.  I had the same problem about 5 years ago
"released" the pinch bolt and struggled and struggled to get the slave out.  Of
course, no luck.  The car was up on some low ramps, so I couldn't really see
anything.  I had one arm under the car and could wiggle it, so I knew it was
loose.

After what seemed like a long time, I got out a catalog or the manual and looked
some more and realized I had to take it cleat out.

The other brilliant thing I did was to change the bleed screw and the line from
the master cylinder around, thinking it would make it easier to bleed since I
would be able to get to the bleed screw easier.  DUH!

Oh well, I keep learning things.

Roger Elliott