Re: Leaking Oil behind the head

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking Oil behind the head
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:38:04 -0500
Thanks, Joe. The purists insist that nothing is put on the head gasket. At most,
some say a very light coat of oil will help things slide into place.

The "stuff" I used is made by Permatex and called Ultra Copper. I think
Lock-Tite has the same stuff in their packaging. It is a high temp silicon
gasket maker that is also sensor safe. Great stuff. I also use it on the
manifold gasket as it is often problematic to get a good seal.

Vic