Re: Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3

To: <Ar164super@wmconnect.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:12:51 -0800
Hi Adam,

I'm currently going through the same thing.  The box is spot welded in.  To
remove it, you'll need a spot weld removing bit for your drill and some
patience.  I counted about 48 spot welds holding my box and brackets to the
top bulkhead panel.  Once the spot welds are out, the battery box lifts right
out.  You can see photos at the following thread.

If you can MIG or spot weld the replacement, you should.  But other ideas that
have been knocked around on the TTN (see thread below) include riveting (flush
or surface mount) with panel adhesive.

http://www.totallytriumph.net/dcforum/DCForumID2/111.shtml

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net