Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3
From: Ar164super@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 02:45:19 EST
Hi Listers,

I'm sure a few listers have done this....my battery box is a little corroded
from acid, and what's worse, has a nice "crust" of battery deposits that
periodically fall through the holes and onto my carpet (and my passenger's
feet). Hence, I ordered a new battery box and am ready to install it.
So here's my new question...is the battery box welded into the body? What's
proper replacement procedure? Cut the old one out of the scuttle and weld the
new one in? Or is there another way around this that I am missing here?

Thanks,

Adam Rodnitzky
'70 Mk3
'94 Alfa Romeo 164LS