Re: Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3

To: Ar164super@wmconnect.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing Battery Box - 70 Mk3
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:33:04 -0500
Here's a thought on another way to do this:

Assuming all the rust and holes are in the bottom of the battery box,
chop off the bottom port of the box, and cut off the top part of
the replacement box.  Then shove the new part up over the old box
from inside the car, and put rivets/screws in the sides to hold
them together.  With the battery in place, the repair would not
be visible.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit  (with un-holey bottery box...)