Re: 1500 Crankshaft

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <tw1@MUW.Edu>
Subject: Re: 1500 Crankshaft
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:37:06 -0500
The attitudes on the list are making it difficult for people who have parts
to offer them to members..

As for building up the crankshaft, talk to some of your local speed shops.
They will be familiar with this type of work, and will know which shops can
best perform it.  It's really not a complex job so truly just about any bubba
can do it.

Contact me if you want, I have several spare 1500 crankshafts.

>>> <tw1@MUW.Edu> 12/19 7:49 PM >>>
  I'm still looking for a crankshaft for my '79 1500. Since I am not
having much luck in the used market, I am considering having mine
resurfaced. I still have standard sized bearings with litlle wear in the
races (the car has about 70,000 miles), but the face adjacent to the rear
thrust washer has a significant groove worn in it.

  I am not sure what qualifications a machine shop should have to build
this surface up and renew it to the correct specifications, so I don't
know how to interview them. I also don't know what the original specs
are, so I don't really trust any old "Bubba" here in rural MS. to "go to
workin' on it".