Re: Polishing Time

To: Jdgar0649@aol.com
Subject: Re: Polishing Time
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:32:15 -0500
At 06:57 PM 12/25/01 EST, Jdgar0649@aol.com wrote:

>Problem is that there are some fairly deep gouges on the rim, I know they
>won't blast out, so what -some of my little, very fine, jewelers files (they
>clog fast)
>, or a careful shot at them with an abrasive flap?  Any experience.  The
idea
>of a powder coat is neat if not too expensive.

Joe,

  Don't know if anyone has email you privately on this subj.  But the AL.
for the side curtains on my Morgan were scratched.  I used some 180, 240,
400, 600 grit wet and dried sand paper to try and sand out the gouges, and
at least smooth them off some.  Then used red rouge on a buffing wheel.  Now
they look like they were chromed.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan