Re: { NASS } out of balance clutch?

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: { NASS } out of balance clutch?
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:09:38 -0500 (EST)
A slick trick for "pulling" the pilot bush I learned many moons ago is
to fill the bushing cavity with grease, then insert a brass rod that
fits inside the cavity (not snug, not loose -- it should be able to
just slide into the bushing ID) just into the bushing.  Now wrap a rag
around the brass rod, whack the end with a BFH, and the bushing (and
some grease) will be ejected cleanly from the cavity it lives in!

Troubleshooting the technique: If your brass rod is too small, more
grease than bushing will be ejected; if too large, the bushing will
hang on the rod.  If you don't use the rag, some grease will find its
way into your Spitfire Ale bottle and onto your glasses, so I
recommend it highly!

HTH and Happy New Year to all Spitfires and their owners,
Donald.

> From: BRoss3396@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:09:30 EST

[snip]