driveshafts and u-joints

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: driveshafts and u-joints
From: sfgator2@juno.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:46:07 GMT
list,
                (sorry if this came thru once already !!)

                I recently dropped a 1500 eng/trans/driveshaft into my '63 and
was surprised to discover that the flanges on the rear of the driveshaft and
the diff. don't seem to mate up. I tried rotating the driveshaft 90 and 180
degrees but, the holes still seem off. ISTR that the same UJs are used in all
apps on the car, and don't remember a different one for early roundtails, or
for the rear of the driveshaft. Any ideas, suggestions, derisive laughter
directed my way...  : )

                                                                        TIA,

Dean Martz