[Fwd: MOT Failure.]

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: MOT Failure.]
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:18:30 +0100
--
Tim Dafforn
University of Cambridge
Structural Medicine Unit
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2XY.
UK
Tel. (01223) 763230
Fax. (01223) 336827
http://smokeroom.cimr.cam.ac.uk/
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:44:40 +0100
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: MOT Failure.

Hi All,
Took Sophie to get her  MOT test last week.
She failed (@#$#%).
Real trouble was she didn't fail on any of the normal stuff (dud bulb,
blocked wind screen washer, binding brakes, ineffective handbrake.)
Oh no, I checked these, I'd  checked everything.
No, the young (looked less than 15 years old) tester failed it for
insufficient weld on the floor pan. Claimed it wasn;t even attached at
the back.
I explained to him that if he looked inside the car under the seat he
would see the welds (I should know, I did them, nice tidy seam) which
would proove that the back edge of the floor pan was just what was left
of the overlapping metal. But oh, no, too busy to spare the time!
Git Git Git!
Now have to book a retest and persuade him in my own time.
Anyone have a monkey wrench?
Tim