Re: [Fwd: MOT Failure.]

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>, spitfires
Subject: Re: [Fwd: MOT Failure.]
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
I had a similar problems last year, Saskia failed on 'unsecured seats'.
I had to point out that by design the seats are not as rigid as modern
seats as they are only attached at 3 points.  They also claimed that a
steering rack boot was perished, when I got the bloke to inspect it in my
presence he couldn't find a split.  Also the hazard flashers were having
an off day and decided not to work and the emmisions were too high as
expected.

Got her through after getting the gaiter replaced and telling the garage
to lean the carbs out until she passed!  The hazard flashers decided not
too have another off day and I convinced the garage that the seats were
as secure as they could be.  They also wrote other pinickety comments
like 'drivers seat tatty', which last time I check was not an MOT
requirement.

I have that fun to go through next month so wish me luck.  First I have
to get the new steering rack in place, I was going to do it last night
but was prevented by a power cut that lasted from when I got home until
10pm!

cheers
John

http://taxes.yahoo.com/