Spit slave cylinder access question?

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit slave cylinder access question?
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:25:22 -0500
I found a trail of brake fluid tonight from the Spit starting directly below
the slave cylinder, the resevoir was almost empty, and the pedal went right to
the floor. The inside of the master cyclinder had a good bit of nasty black
sludge-like stuff at the bottom, just 23 year old fluid and dirt I guess? I'm
going to remove and clean everything our real well and get a rebuild kit for
the slave, if indeed that's the problem.

My question has to do with access. I'm assuming that I need to remove the
trans tunnel to remove the slave? Being a new Spit owner and having never done
this, are there any good tips, or precautions I need to follow for removing
the tunnel, or is it fairly straightforward job?  Does the gearshift lever
assembly need to come off or not?

Thanks for the help.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green