Re: Spit slave cylinder access question?

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit slave cylinder access question?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:03:34 -0800
Dave,

The contents of your M/C doesn't sound like dirt to me.  The black sludge
you're referring to is your master cylinder seals, which sound like they were
exposed to DOT 3 brake fluid.  DOT 3 will break down the natural rubber seals
used in Spitfires.

But that's just a guess.

Removing the trans cover is very straightforward and no, you do not need to
remove the gearshift.  Maybe the knob if you have a rubber boot under the
carpet.  Just remove the carpet, unscrew the securing tabs around the cover,
and lift out.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net