RE: 65A Alternator; wire concerns....

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: 65A Alternator; wire concerns....
From: Rick Gregory <Rick@ncmg.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:45:01 -0700
James - I don't know what the "right" answer is - but I installed a 60 or 65
amp Delco in my 74 Spitfire and I haven't had any problems. I think as long
as your wiring connections are tight and fairly corrosion free, you should
be fine - it's loose connections, worn insulators, and corroded connections
that usually cause problems (either high resistance or shorts to ground) -
the wire size you have I am "pretty sure" is more than adequate. Just IMHO.

Rick Gregory
'74 Triumph Spitfire FM15447UO
'69 Austin Healey Sprite HAN9U81988G
Great Falls, Montana