Re: 65A Alternator; wire concerns....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 65A Alternator; wire concerns....
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:06:14 -0500
Just because more juice is available, none of the individual
components will draw more than they are designed to use.  So
you don't really have to worry about individual wires in the
loom.

There are some situations where the draw from the alternator to
the battery may be high (for instance recharging a dead battery
with the alternator).   So you really only need to upgrade this
wire and you can do so without even messing with the loom.
Instructions are here:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator/gm-spgtl.html

Good luck!

Greg Rowe