Re: cranks

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: cranks
From: <ambrose95@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:44:45 -0400
Hey Larry,

> How broke is your 1147?

This engine was making "popcorn noises" when I bought the car. I've since
replaced the engine with a rebored/rebuilt  1500 engine from Hart's in Ohio
(recommended by Ted Schumacker sp.). It's missing a fuel pump. The price is
pretty good, free if you pick it up.

What do you want for your 1296? Is the crank thrust
> surface area very good, on the 1296?

Probably a couple of hundred, including the tranny, and the Weber. Don't
know about the thrust surface, all I can say is that it was running great,
had Mobil synth oil, when I messed up the electrical. There were nine wires
on the coil and I thought to clean it up. Bad move, I bought another Spit
and lost interest.

I have parts from three Spits plus the one I'm keeping.

I suppose the big question is, "Where are you located?" If you're in the
midwest, cool.

I take it you aren't interested the 1500 engine.

Tom, near Flint, Michigan